De Vliet is een gracht die in het jaar 47 door de Romeinse veldheer Corbulo werd gegraven.
Het loopt van Leiden naar Delft. Aan de mooie oevers vindt je prachtige landhuizen en de oude hefbruggen zijn een lust voor het oog.
Vlak bij de sluisjes van Leidschendam ligt de oude, prachtig gerestaureerde houtzaagmolen "De Salamander" (Zie de foto)
Je vindt hier een mooie website over de Vliet: http://www.genietvandevliet.nl34

It was a rather dull Sunday and so I went for a small touring trip on my own. With an old pair of binoculars, that I wanted to try, I first went to the bird observation tower at the lake in the Oostvlietpolder. The binoculars were not of much use, but the view from the tower was fantastic. After some time I decided to take the road along the Vliet canal to the South.
That "De Vliet" canal was made in the year 47 by Roman lord Corbulo.
It connects the cities of Leiden and Delft. On its beautiful borders one finds old estates and houses and the old bridges are a joy for the eye too. There is so much history here.
Near the locks of the city of Leidschendam the old fully restored sawmill "De Salamander" is located. See the picture I made.
A great (but only in Dutch) website on the canal can be found here: http://www.genietvandevliet.nl35
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten